- See more at: http://blogtimenow.com/blogging/automatically-redirect-blogger-blog-another-blog-website/#sthash.cFuX32Hs.dpuf ROSIE LORD: car booties

Monday 27 August 2012

car booties

Mine and Jordan's new "thing" is car boot sales. There aren't many in London (obviously) but luckily Jordan lives about 10 miles from a weekly one in Hemel Hempstead, and yesterday we went to one in Pulloxhill which was amazing, I'm sure I'll do a post on what I found at some point. It was mainly stuff for my new uni room, and if you follow me on instagram you've probably already seen it.

Anyway, these are from the Hemel Hempstead one we went to a few weeks ago. It can be a bit hit-and-miss  in terms of what you find, but it's always funny seeing people selling off 90s memorabilia and old tat. My favourite tacky thing I've found so far has been this nun doll, I really regret not buying it just for entertainment purposes. It was only about 50p, I think that's going to haunt me forever. The best thing is when you find someone selling something for about £1 that you'd pay upwards of a tenner on in a "vintage" shop, most of the sellers have no idea that their old junk is so fab. I got an Olympus mju-ii for TWO POUNDS yesterday, having bought one for almost fourty pounds on ebay two years ago!

These photos were taken on my new Canon AE-1, which was a birthday present from Jordan. I just got my first roll of film developed and there's loads I want to post from it, I'm in love with the photos.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh so great! And the photos are amazing, great camera! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must start going to car boot sales! Your photos look lovely and everyone seems to find such good things at different ones. xx

    ReplyDelete